World War II history: WW2 Japenese Dog Tag or Parts ID plate?
World War II History Home Page > Forum > Main Room > WW2 Japenese Dog Tag or Parts ID plate?
~
~

World War II Forum: WW2 Japenese Dog Tag or Parts ID plate?

Posted by: John (icecat0000@ThisIsToPreventSpam-857-RemoveThis.aol.com) on 17 Dec 2002 at 9:44:36 AM

I've been looking about the net with little success for an image of a WW2 Japenese ID Tag. A person I know has what he beleives to be an ID tag of some sort. Rectangular, has varied Katakana characters on it (Ya Su So if I read the alphabit from the web correctly), a 3-digit number stamped below with (gi) in front of it, what looks like an Anchor overstamped with another symbol (gi). This would give me the impression it is something regarding Japenese Naval - But if it is a persons ID I/he has no way of knowing yet aside from asking one of my co-workers, which wont be for 2-weeks until they return from their homeland (Japan). He scanned the image in and uploaded it to http://members.aol.com/clarab01//1022q.jpg If anyone has the energy to bother to look at it and offer an opinion I would be great! Also, if the Japenese used an ID/Dog Tag of some sort and there is a pic on the web someplace I'd welcome the pointer too. Thanks!!, John

Click here to return to the Main01 forum room home page.

Current replies to this message:

To reply privately:
If the person posting this message left their e-mail address, we inserted some random characters to prevent spammers from harvesting their address. Spammers do this with automated "bots" that constantly search the Web looking for e-mail addresses. Since you're a human being, not a bot, you can easily obtain the real address by removing the text that says "ThisisToPreventSpam-XYZ-RemoveThis." including the random number XYZ and the period at the end. For example, <whitten@ThisIsToPreventSpam-123-RemoveThis.despammed.com> would become <chris-(@)-interesting.com>.

To reply to the group:
The forum software that created this message has been replaced with new and improved forum software. Click here to go to the new WWII discussion forums:

~
World War II history books World War 2 collectors buying guide World War Two posters and art Second World War collectibles and gift ideas World War Two history clippings, articles, essays World War II links directory World War II movies and music WWII public discussion forum World War Two quotations WWII e-cards World War II history home page
~
© 2001-2010 Interesting.com
World War II history books and items from Amazon
World War II posters and prints from AllPosters