I tried the NetMagazines "5 magazines for $30" deal last year, and it's for real. I did it for American Heritage, which costs $20 by itself.
Books on Tape has over 120 (!) WWII history audio books.
Chris Whitten, Webmaster
World War II Index/Glossary of Terms
- A nickname for any E Company, but is often used in reference to the 101st Airborne "Band of Brothers."
- This North African nation was invaded by Italy in September 1940. In December 1940, British troops captured the Egyptian cities of Sidi Barrani and Sollum. In May 1941, Germany pushed the British troops back to Egyptian border.
- U.S. and Soviet troops met up at the Elbe River in Germany on April 25, 1945.
- The name of the B-29 bomber that dropped the "Little Boy" atomic bomb over Hiroshima, Japan, on August 6, 1945.
- This small Baltic state was occupied by the Soviets starting in 1940, taken by the Germans in 1941, and then retaken by the Soviets in 1944.
- Collective term for the war in Europe. Theater can be spelled in Theatre. It can be abbreviated as ETO or ETOUSA. The war in Europe officially ended ("V-E Day") on May 8, 1945.
- An Executive Officer.